Because of you, we have much to be thankful for at Kennedy-Donovan Center. Your generous support of our mission assured that thousands of children, families and adults received the best services possible when they most needed it.
Even amidst their daily challenges, so many who receive our services find time to share their appreciation with us. They inspire us every day. We hope you too will be inspired reading these warm words from the families you have helped.
Here are just some of the many kind words we have received:
“KDC has made a huge difference in our family and now we have a strong foundation we can continue to build and hopefully have as great an experience in preschool.”
-Early Intervention Parent
“We love them at KDC, and they love our son back. It has been more than a dozen years now, I do not know what I would have done without KDC.”
-Chapter 766 School Parent
“I can’t say enough good things about the KDC Day Habilitation program. My daughter has been happy to go to the program every day. That says it all.”
-Day Habilitation Program Parent
“My son was able to transition to the public school system with great success and it would not have been possible without KDC. Without all their hard work and dedication to the Early Intervention program, many children would be lost. What each employee works towards with each child all comes together to make a profound and lasting impact on our future doctors, lawyers and politicians.”
Over the past three years, we have witnessed growth in the number of people we are supporting from 5,218 to 5,790 and the addition of new services. Here are just of few of the accomplishments you have helped us reach over the past three years:
- We expanded and renovated our Greater Attleboro Programs Center to include two new programs for families including Intensive Family Supports and Healthy Families programs serving Taunton/Attleboro region; and reached our goal of raising $225,000 for this project.
- We have opened an Independent Living program in New Bedford for young adults who are in the process of transitioning out of foster care services. This program prepares them for independence as an adult.
- We purchased a house to open a new Adult Residential Home on the Cape (Sandwich, MA). Today, we now have 10 residential homes for adults with developmental disabilities.
- We began providing residential services to adults with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI). We opened our first ABI house in 2014 in Sandwich.
- We hired two clinical directors, one for our adult services in 2014 and the other for our child services in 2015. The addition of these positions strengthen the services we provide to individuals who have behavioral challenges or mental health diagnosis.
As you can see, we are an essential resource for people with development delays, disabilities and family challenges. We must continue moving forward to meet the changing and growing needs of families. Those who receive KDC services will always have a place to turn in their time of need because of people like you who continue to make a difference.